Monday 11 December 2006

Cafe De Paris

The last time we went to Cafe de Paris, we were celebrating one of my gf's birthdays. Like me QH adores food, with a special place in her heart (and stomach) for crabs. And even more importantly, she also loves to cook and throw dinner parties, so I've learnt many a dishes (e.g. fried crab with ginger and scallion) and sampled many delicious crab dishes at her place.

A colleague had very good things to say about Cafe de Plus, plus it was just around the corner from QH's pad. But I must say that my first experience with Cafe de Paris at QH's birthday dinner left me with mixed feelings. Excellent foie gras, delicious steak, but terrible service. Or is that what we should really expect at a French restaurant with French waiters?

Tonight, another fellow foodie gf and me and going for our 2nd review of Cafe de Paris. It's SC's first time and my 2nd ... since I have this rule that any place I review should have at least 3 visits, we thought it would be a good chance to go for a girly, indulgent dinner.

Ok, so I am supposed to be on detox. But can anyone really pass up foie gras??

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment